К основному контенту
Dear all!

Today I'd like to tell you about an article which I've read recently.

I've chosen this article because it tells us  everything about the hurricane, and I'd like to learn more about it. Nowadays our climate is changing very quickly, it is a big problem,  and there are a lot of cataclysms, so we should be ready for anything.

As we all know  hurricane is a large rotating storm that forms over tropical or subtropical waters in the Atlantic.It is one of the most terrifying natural phenomenon, which brings a lot of destructions and sometimes death. From this article I'd like to learn more about hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons, and what will be with our climate in the future.

This article is very useful, and I've learned a lot of things from it. Now I know that storms are given names once they have sustained winds of more than 39mph. Hurricanes are gauged by something called the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale, which runs from one to five and measures speed. Also I've learned about the difference between hurricanes and typhoons: the difference is in  the location where they occur. In the Atlantic, the term “hurricane” is used, while “typhoon” is used in the Pacific.One more thing that I've learned is that almost all hurricanes develop once the northern hemisphere approaches summer, with the hurricane season running from 1 June to 30 November. The season peaks between August and October.

All the information in the article is clear, I really liked it. This article is very interesting, it describes the hurricanes in details. I recommend you to read it.

 

Комментарии

  1. Julia, it is an iteresting article you've chosen, because of the climate that is changing now. So it is better for us and our lives see the nature of such phenomena in our life. I've read the article too, I found some new useful information. Thank you for sharing the link with us, you followers!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Hello Julia,

    I'm sorry but you've copied the following excerpt from the article you had to summarise: "almost all hurricanes develop once the northern hemisphere approaches summer, with the hurricane season running from 1 June to 30 November. The season peaks between August and October", which constitutes plagiarism. You should have written it in your own words by summarising the information.

    Also, remember that the pronoun "our" is used to refer to objects and things in Russian. In English it is more common to do as I explained below:

    Nowadays **our > THE climate ON THE PLANET is changing

    ОтветитьУдалить

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

FOR AND AGAINST ESSAY Eating Meat is Good and Necessary for People Eating is the big part of our life. Meat is a product that plays an important role for human organism.Nowdays there are a lot of people who don't eat meat,and it is their choice. Moreover, there are a lot of arguments about eating meat is good or not.  First of all, meat contains a huge amount of protein,which is actively involved in the strengthening and development of our body. For example, it is involved in the creation of hemoglobin which supplies our blood with oxygen. Moreover protein is one of the basic nutrients necessary for human. The second point is that meat gives us strength, and especially for men it is very important to be strong. If we don't eat meat we become weak and lethargic. Another reason is that meat contains a lot of elements that are responsible for the quality of our skin,hair,nails, and without it, for example,our hair will fall out and nails will deterioate. How...
Hello everyone! Today i'd like to share with you one website  about Writing in English. I have chosen this site because there you can watch videolessons from native speakers, who can  tell you about for example 10 phrasal verbs for Academic Writing in English, or how to write business letters, etc. Moreover you can choose your level, topic and a teacher, and find an approrpiate material for you.  For example  you can find there the information about : 1)10 pharsal verb for Academic Writing in English 2)How to write business letters 3)Writing transitions 4)Punctuation 5)Spelling and so on and so on. There is a lot of useful information not only about writing, and also about grammar, vocabulary, moreover there are videolessons about IELTS and TOEFL exams,so if you are going to pass them it might be useful. In my opinion videolessons is the easiest  and convenient way to learn something new. So, check this site, i hope you'll like it and find it us...
Blogpost One:Yayoi Kusama review-about as artistic as a lava lamp   Dear All, Recently I've read an article in the Guardian. I've chosen it because i saw the picture(which you can see below) on the first page, and i wanted to know what it is and it seemed to me interesting. This article was about Yaoi Kusama's instalation Infinity Mirrored Room in the Victoria Miro Gallery in London. The author of this article Jonathan Jones wrote about his impressions after he visited this place. He couldn't take this instalation too seriously, and he thinks that it doesn't reach  inside people's heads and they don't feel anything when they see it. He compares Infinity Mirrored Room with lava lamps. Jonathan doesn't consider that it is art, it is more like fashion show for him. Actually, i haven't heard about Yaomi Kusama before and i haven't seen her works,but when i saw a photo of this instalation i was impressed and i liked it.  Also in the...