Blogpost One:Yayoi Kusama review-about as artistic as a lava lamp
Dear All,
Recently I've read an article in the Guardian. I've chosen it because i saw the picture(which you can see below) on the first page, and i wanted to know what it is and it seemed to me interesting.
This article was about Yaoi Kusama's instalation Infinity Mirrored Room in the Victoria Miro Gallery in London.
The author of this article Jonathan Jones wrote about his impressions after he visited this place. He couldn't take this instalation too seriously, and he thinks that it doesn't reach inside people's heads and they don't feel anything when they see it. He compares Infinity Mirrored Room with lava lamps. Jonathan doesn't consider that it is art, it is more like fashion show for him. Actually, i haven't heard about Yaomi Kusama before and i haven't seen her works,but when i saw a photo of this instalation i was impressed and i liked it.
Also in the article Jonathan Jones mentioned a pupmkin sculpture, which he saw in the Victoria Miro Gallery. It is also a work of Kusama
That didn't impress him much either.
So, after reading this article I've learned about japanese painter Yaomi Kusama and her works, and i would like to visit Victoria Miro Gallery and see them in real life, especially Infinity Mirrored Room. Although I'm not fond of art, and i don't like Japanese culture, the works of Kusama impressed me because they are very unusual and interesting.


This is a very interesting and informative article! I would like to ask a few questions: Would you like to have such an attribute at home? Would you like to visit Japan? How much time can I do this thing?
ОтветитьУдалитьThank you for you comment:)Actually, i wouldn't like to have such attribute at home, I would like to see this sculpture and that all .As for Japan i would like to visit this country, because i like traveling and i want to see how people live there. As for the third question, i think it may take you 2 weeks or more)
УдалитьJulia, your article is very informative! I have never heard of Yaomi Kusama. I agree with you, the second work did not impress me either. Would you like to visit this exhibition? What do you think about modern art?
ОтветитьУдалитьJulia, what an interesting article to think about art. How do you feel about modern art? Do you like it? What do you prefer most classic or modern art? Call your favourite artist.
ОтветитьУдалитьJulia, what an interesting article to think about art. How do you feel about modern art? Do you like it? What do you prefer most classic or modern art? Call your favourite artist.
ОтветитьУдалить